Vital is looking for a motivated and prolific copywriter, capable of creating content for a widely diverse collection of B2B and B2C clients. Whether it’s creating copy for a client’s homepage, developing an email marketing campaign, or writing a blog post for one of our digital marketing retainers, this position’s ideal candidate is someone who is curious, creative, diligent, and capable of writing in a variety of voices and styles.
The person who applies for this position should be a versatile writing machine with a keen eye for both narrative structure and the mechanics of writing for a digital-first audience. Previous professional writing and marketing experience is preferred. Ideal candidates should also possess some prior agency experience, corporate marketing background, and/or familiarity and comfort with receiving and implementing feedback on a prompt schedule.
This role requires two (2) or more years of relevant professional writing experience. Compensation varies depending on experience.
The next writer we hire will:
- Be happy writing all day, every day (with snack breaks).
- Have a portfolio that provides strong examples of their writing style and skill set.
- Be familiar with writing copy for blog posts, websites, eBooks, press releases, case studies, email campaigns, social media, etc.
- Be nimble enough to adapt to different writing styles, formats, and industries, often within a single workday.
- Have a working knowledge of digital marketing and SEO best practices.
- Lead client interviews, ask thought-provoking questions, and actively participate in both client meetings and internal discussions.
- Enjoy juggling a variety of projects, on a variety of different subjects, across a wide range of B2B and B2C industries. At Vital, we serve ‘em all!
- Have a knack for copyediting and offering constructive feedback on others’ work (or a willingness to try); the entire Vital writing team shares the internal editing load.
- Be a good teammate who is able to work on a deadline.
- Have the ability to multitask, self-manage, prioritize, and communicate clearly and promptly.
- Possess an eye for detail — not only in proofing for grammar/spelling, but also for readability, style, and tone consistency.
- Be able to advocate for our clients — this means suggesting ideas for content, using only verified sources for research, and looking out for opportunities to improve Vital’s value.
- Be comfortable identifying challenges or opportunities for improvement in our processes. Don’t be afraid to innovate!
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits
- Simple IRA
- Flexible Work from Home Schedule:
- Negotiable workday hours (we ask that you find time for 8 hours of work).
- Freedom to choose a hybrid WFH and/or in-office schedule.
- Great Perks – Read all about ’em →
Ready to write for Vital? Fill out the form below to apply. Please upload your resume, cover letter, and writing samples.
Since this is a copywriting position, writing samples are required. Applications without writing samples will not be considered. If any of your samples are live online, feel free to include a link so we can view them in the wild.
Be sure to tell us who you are, as well as why you want to work at Vital. We <3 real people!