- Build responsive, adaptive, mobile-first websites that meet usability and accessibility web standards and best practices
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling existing client websites
- Provide accurate timelines and level of effort during all project planning phases
- Develop back end components for WordPress and other CMS-based websites
- Design content types, taxonomies, and other data structures based on wireframes and project requirements
Skills & Requirements
- 3 or more years of experience with PHP and CMS such as WordPress or Drupal.
- A strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, responsive web design, and general web functions and standards
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git or Subversion
- Familiarity with workflow automation tools such as Grunt or Gulp
- Proficient at writing reusable and modular code
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Not afraid to work hard, be humble, ask questions, learn new things!
Bonus points for these…
- Experience working with SOAP and/or REST APIs
- Experience with e-commerce CMS such as Magento, OpenCart, or WooCommerce
- Familiarity with LAMP/LEMP server environments
- Experience in a continuous improvement/Agile environment
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits
- Simple IRA
- Great Perks – Read all about ’em →
If this job opportunity sounds like you, we should chat.Make sure you include a cover letter that highlights why you want to work at Vital and your salary requirements. Please be sure to include links to your work with a short write up describing what YOU did on the project.