As we confront the ongoing challenges presented by the coronavirus situation, we believe it is imperative to share direct and candid communication about our response to this unfolding national public health and economic emergency.
Please be assured that we are well-positioned, well-resourced and thoroughly committed to focusing on the safety of our employees and associates, and ensuring business continuity for our current and future clients
Here are some of the most important things you should know:
- First, we are vigilant about taking all the necessary hygiene and social distancing precautions being recommended by the CDC.
- Our offices are open only for very specific business tasks. As of March 23, all employees are working remotely. But we’re used to this. We all have laptops and keep incredibly portable work setups. We are providing any and all resources our team needs to be as productive as they are in the office.
- We do not foresee any disruption in services. Much of our work is already conducted electronically, virtually and remotely, so we are fortunate that our transition to doing even more of this is relatively seamless.
- We are avoiding nearly all business travel and limiting non-essential meetings in favor of teleconferencing and videoconferencing. Any face-to-face conferences are being limited to under 10 people.
- We are in close contact with our website hosting providers and eCommerce partners, and are well-aligned with them to assure continuity in service on the electronic side, as well as on the interpersonal side of our business.
- We are immediately available to answer any questions you may have, either by contacting your project manager or by utilizing the contact form provided on this page.
You should also know that we are fully up to the challenge. Across our company, we are united in delivering a productive “business as usual” outlook and outcomes during these highly unusual times. This includes flexibility and creativity in working with you to adjust marketing and creative services strategies in ways that make sense for your business as we all respond to the ongoing economic challenges.
Overall, we are confident that our nimble and innovative approach to doing business will be an important asset when it comes to the clear-eyed preparation, readiness and adaptability that will be essential to deliver exceptional, uninterrupted service to our diverse clients throughout this crisis.
Please do not hesitate to reach out as we join forces in making the absolute best of this situation as it continues to evolve.
Zac Gregg and Team Vital