- Build responsive, adaptive, mobile-first websites that meet usability and accessibility web standards and best practices
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling existing client websites
- Provide accurate timelines and level of effort during all project planning phases
- Develop back end components for WordPress and other CMS-based websites
- Design content types, taxonomies, and other data structures based on wireframes and project requirements
Skills & Requirements
- 3 or more years of experience with PHP and CMS such as WordPress or Drupal.
- A strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, responsive web design, and general web functions and standards
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git or Subversion
- Familiarity with workflow automation tools such as Grunt or Gulp
- Proficient at writing reusable and modular code
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Not afraid to work hard, be humble, ask questions, learn new things!
Bonus points for these…
- Experience working with SOAP and/or REST APIs
- Experience with e-commerce CMS such as Magento, OpenCart, or WooCommerce
- Familiarity with LAMP/LEMP server environments
- Experience in a continuous improvement/Agile environment
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits
- Simple IRA
- Great Perks – Read all about ’em →
To learn more about us and apply for this position, go to our jobs page.
If this job opportunity sounds like you, we should chat. Click here to tell us about yourself. Make sure you include a cover letter that highlights why you want to work at Vital and your salary requirements. Please be sure to include links to your work with a short write up describing what YOU did on the project.