Drink Deals and Moderately Priced Meals in the Port City.
Hard work can make you hungry, so at Vital, we’re hungry a lot! Luckily there are plenty of places around town that offer delicious, delightful and cheap deals on various meals and adult beverages throughout the day. And luckily for you, we’ve decided to share these Portsmouth insider food and drink deals for the entire world to see.
We’ve already covered the many breakfast hotspots (and we’ve even shared with you the best places to park in Portsmouth) so now let’s focus on the best places to eat and drink on the cheap throughout Portsmouth. We’ve spent hours upon hours scouring the websites and Facebook Pages of local dining establishments to supplement our already extensive real-world culinary research. The result is the ultimate list of economical eats and drinks. If you’re a penny pincher, you’ll want to take note of this massive list we’ve created. Keep in mind, not every establishment in Portsmouth is included, either because we couldn’t find anything online or because the deals are so secret that only true regulars know about them. So before you dive in, give Cheers, say Grace, or whatever it is you do before eating a good meal and have fun.
Agave Mexican Bistro—The second you sit down at this State Street bistro you’re served with some free tortilla chips and fresh salsa—what more could you ask for right? Well, this Mexican eatery’s Happy Hour menu offered from 5–6:30pm, Monday–Friday, is Muy Buena as well!
- $3 any Draft or Bottled Beer
- $6.50 House Margarita
- $4 Cheese Quesadilla
- $5 Chicken or Beef Quesadilla
- $5 Tamale
- $4 Enchilada
- $4 ¼ Nachos ($5 for chicken or beef)
- $5 Flautas
**UPDATED** BG’s BoatHouse —Fresh seafood, delicious cocktails and all the splendid scenery Sagamore Creek has to offer makes this local restaurant/marina a true fan favorite! Aside from the decks, BG’s is one of the only places around customers can paddle up and saddle up for a bite to eat and a cold brew. Definitely don’t miss out on their Happy Hour deals Monday – Friday (4–6pm) in the Sagamore Pub, not to mention their “Sunday Bloody Sunday”specials.
- $5 Well Drink
- $2.75 Bud Lights
- 1/2 Price 16oz. Drafts
- $5 House Wines (by the glass)
- 1/2 Price Select Appetizers (Fried Zucchini, Mushrooms, Green Beans, Large French Fries, Mozzarella Sticks w/marinara)
- $5 House Margaritas
- $7 El Jimador Margaritas
- Sunday Bloody Sunday: $5.00 Coastal Bloody Mary’s, (Add shrimp for $1.00 each)
Black Trumpet —This family owned bistro and wine bar located on Ceres Street across from Portsmouth’s famous red tugboats is truly a dining diamond in the restaurant rough. And if the incredible menu and impressive wine collection isn’t enough, the “Trumpet” now offers a social hour from 5-7pm daily.
- $5 small plates
- $6 beer
- $7 wine and cocktails
Bridge Street Bistrot & Wine Bar — This small, chef-owned corner café formerly known as Café Mirabelle is situated along Bridge Street and offers a menu filled with great drinks, dinner options and desserts. Simply present this dinner coupon to get a great deal for you and your dining partner.
- Dinner Coupon: ½ priced entrée (of equal or lesser value) with purchase of one dinner entrée at full price (Tuesday–Saturday nights) *By reservation only/must bring printed coupon.
British Beer Company — Located in Portwalk Place, this British themed regional chain restaurant boasts a healthy Happy Hour menu that is sure to satisfy your taste buds and palate. Specials include:
- 1/2 priced apps (buffalo chicken dip, BBC wings, chicken quesadilla, nachos, chicken tenders, sausage rolls)
- $5 House Lager pints (All day every day)
- Monday: Kids eat free all day
- Tuesday: Buy one get one free pizza (all day, dine in only)
Hours: Monday-Friday 3pm-6pm. Friday-Saturday 10pm-12am.
(*If you like cheap, light beer, Bud Light and Coors Light are $2 every day of the week.)
BRGR Bar — This Portwalk Place burger joint boasts some of the best burgers around, amazing apps and quite the selection of delicious milkshakes (with and without booze). Grab a seat outside, sit indoors or pony up to their stainless steel bar and enjoy a bite to eat. Happy Hour runs Monday-Friday from 3-6pm. And don’t forget about their weekend brunch specials…did someone say bottomless mimosas and bloody mary’s?
- 1/2 priced draft beer
- $2.50 Bud Light and Budweiser
- $4 all other bottles/cans of beer
- $6 House red/white wine by the glass
- $6 Deep Eddy drinks
- $8 speciality drinks & adult milkshakes
- $6 Loaded Tots/Fries (excludes additions)
- Weekend Brunch – Saturday & Sunday 11am-2pm – $15 bottomless mimosas & bloody mary’s (at bar only)
- Sunday – Service Industry Night – 25% off your entire bill
The Clipper Tavern – Situated in the old Brazo building, this brand new tavern/pub is about as local as it gets — the interior is adorned with team jerseys and other sports memorabilia from the Portsmouth High School Clippers. It boasts quite the eclectic menu that includes things like the Big Daddy burger, poutine, french dip sliders and more! Happy Hour runs Monday-Friday from 3-6pm, and Sunday from 10pm – close.
- $2 PBR, Narragansett & Miller High Life
- $3 Bottled beer or spiked seltzer
- $4 Any craft draft
- $5 Mixed drinks (Stoli, Captain, Bacardi, Omeca Altos, V.O., Deep Eddy, Jim Beam, New Amsterdam, Beefeater)
- $5 Shots (Fireball, Dr. McGillicuddy, West Cork Irish Whiskey)
- $6 Select wine by the glass
- $6 Select appetizers
The District — As one of the most casual fine dining restaurants in the city, The District offers eclectic fare—not to mention a nice selection of draft beer, wine and mixed beverages. Situated on Congress Street at the opening of the Vaughn Mall, this eatery serves food late into the evening, but also boasts a healthy selection of Happy Hour specials in the bar earlier in the day on Tuesday through Friday, from 5–7pm.
- $7 Glasses of wine
- $3 select draft beers
- Buy 2 appetizers get the 3rd free(*restrictions apply)
- Thursday: Ladies Night – Happy hour specials all night – Bar Only. Half off burgers & sriracha wings. $3 draft beers
- Sunday (8pm to close): Industry night – ½ priced burgers, 2 for 1 apps, $7 specialty cocktails & wine and $3 draft beer.
Demeters Steakhouse — This Lafayette Road steakhouse boasts some of the finest cuts of meat and best-made cocktails around. It’s definitely worth going out of your way—and not being downtown comes with benefits, too, including plenty of parking! Don’t miss these deals:
- Wednesday Martini Night – $10 specialty martinis and signature cocktails
- Thursday: Prime Rib Night -Enjoy a 14oz. cut of all-natural prime rib served with garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, au jus, horseradish sour cream and beef fat popover — the essential steakhouse experience for just $34.
Dos Amigos Burritos —This State Street eatery is easily one of the most popular in terms of cheap eats in the downtown. Just ask Vital Dave. Depending on the day of the week and how much room you have in your stomach, you can easily get your fill for well under $10. Here’s how:
- Monday: $5 Burrito Mondays (Available burritos include: Bean Burrito, Chicken Burrito, Barbeque Chicken Burrito, Ground Beef Burrito, Portobello Mushroom Burrito, Sweet Potato Burrito, Tofu Burrito, Spinach Burrito and Tofu & Spinach Burrito)
- Tuesday: $2 Taco Tuesdays (Available tacos include: Bean, Carnitas (pulled pork), Chicken, Barbeque Chicken, Steak ($2.75), Fish ($2.75), Ground Beef, Guacamole, Sweet Potato, and Tofu soft tacos)
- Sunday: Kids eat free! With the purchase of every entree, kids can receive any item off the kids menu for free.
Earth Eagle Brewings — Tucked away in what appears to be an old garage off High Street, this growing brewery features a fun menu of small plate apps, sandwiches and great beer. Happy Hour runs from M–Th from 4–6pm, but for those who can’t wait there’s a special lunch deal with your name on it:
- $2 off EEB pints (4 – 6pm, M-Th)
- Sin/Bin: Service/Beer Industry Night, Sundays from 4pm – 10pm, $4 pints and 1/2 price cocktails
- $12 Brewers Lunch (11:30am-2pm, M-Th): Small rice bowl or panini + EEB pint
- Sunday: Brunchamus Maximus, special egg sammies & bloody mary’s 11:30am – 3pm
The Franklin Oyster House — Fleet Street hasn’t quite been the same since The Franklin Oyster House opened its door in May 2015. The “neighborhood oyster bar” is a reincarnation of the The Franklin House, a popular oyster joint on Fleet Street back in 1867. And just like its heyday, today’s oyster house is once again drawing in locals for a ridiculous amount of mollusks and other delicious fare. And if you really love oysters, you’ll be happy to know the happy hour, seven days a week from 4-6 pm, comes with a charitable twist.
- $1.25 oysters (.25 cents goes to a local charity or nonprofit)
The Friendly Toast — It’s not rare to see a large line of people waiting to get into this Congress Street dining establishment on any given weekend morning. What many may not know is that this popular eatery also boasts a killer Happy Hour menu from 5–7pm from Sunday-Thursday and from 8–10pm on Friday and Saturday. Here’s a friendly reminder of Toast Time:
- ½-priced Appetizers
- ½-priced Wine
- ½-priced Mimosas
- $2 Miller Highlife
- $2 PBR
**New** The Goat — Similar to the original restaurant in Hampton Beach, this country-themed eatery on Congress Street boasts an impressive list of burgers, bacon, barbecue wings and other bites — not to mention a healthy array of beers and bourbons. Did we mention they serve buckets of bacon? Stop in for lunch or head over for happy hour and enjoy some sweet deals:
- Monday & Tuesday: 2 for 1 Burgers
- Wednesday: 10-cent Wings (All Day)
- Thursday: $5 Tito’s Drinks
- Saturday: breakfast all day
Jumpin’ Jay’s Fish Café — This popular seafood restaurant on the corner of Congress and Middle Streets features some of the best fresh seafood around. While always busy, Jumpin’ Jay’s gets super busy on one particular night of the week. Here’s why:
- Shuck-A-Buck – $1 oysters every Tuesday (seasonal deal)
Latchkey — This “speakeasy” opened up out of nowhere in spring 2017 in the Vaughan mall and while shrouded in mystery at first, it didn’t take long for the word to get out about their amazing cocktails, cool vibe and impressive list of bands and performances each week. Swing in through the front entrance adorned by only a latchkey on the window, or enter through the secret backdoor on Fleet Street, accessible only by a secret code teased on the establishment’s Facebook page. Definitely stop by to try something off their list of “Discrete Offerings” every Tuesday-Thursday from 5-7pm.
- $8 Build your own Old Fashions (choose your own whiskey, house-made bitters and sweetener
- $7 House-made Sangria
- $1 off all draft beers
- $2 off all wine (excludes house wine)
- 1/2 priced all Bar Bites (excludes charcuterie)
Lexie’s Joint — If you enjoy peace, love and cheap, but delicious, burgers, then Lexie’s is the place to go. This Islington Street burger joint is pretty much busy all the time—likely due to the fact that they offer incredible daily specials for an affordable price. The specials aren’t recurring week to week, so be sure to check out their Facebook Page for all the daily deals. Some of our favorites include:
- $5.50 — “The Green Meunster”: Patty w/ Meunster / Avocado / Bacon / Chipotle Aioli
- $3.10 — “Fried Pickles” w/ Chipotle Aioli
- $6.50 — “Urban Cowboy”: Patty w/ Bacon / Avocado / Crispy Onions / Cheddar / BBQ / Chimichurri
Margaritas — Great margaritas, awesome Mexican food and a super fun dining atmosphere make this Route 1 restaurant a local favorite. If you’re lucky enough to get a seat in the bar or lounge after work from 3–6pm (M–F) then you’ll get a chance to indulge in their Happy Hour specials. They include:
- $5 Raspberry, Strawberry, Mango, and Original Margaritas
- $3 20oz Bud Light Drafts
- $3 16oz Tecate
- 5 appetizers for $5 each (Guacamole, Queso, Hector’s Quesadilla, Jack Crisp & Tomato Garlic Nachos)
- Tuesday: All You Can Eat Taco Night – $9.99 all you can eat beef or chicken soft/hard tacos
- Wednesday: Healthcare Night – 40% entrees, $5 Strawberry or House Margarita, $3 Bud Light 20oz and $3 Tecate 16oz after 5pm
- Thursday: Ladies Night – $5 Strawberry and Original House Margaritas, $3 Bud Light 20oz, $3 Tecate 16oz after 5pm
**UPDATED** Mojo’s BBQ Grill & Tavern — There’s nothing better than a little BBQ, mixed with a cold and refreshing brewski. This Brewery Lane BBQ joint offers an unbeatable 7 DAYS of Happy Hour specials and meal deals. That’s every day of the week from 4-6pm! Even better, you’re almost always guaranteed to find a parking spot nearby.
Check out their NFL specials as well.
- $5 Happy Hour apps (pulled pork sliders, warm pretzel sticks, buffalo wings, nachos, 10-inch cheese pizza, gumbies and cheese quesadilla)
- $5 Happy Hour drinks (house margarita, select wine, 28oz select drafts and Svedka cocktails)
- Sunday: “In the Biz” special – 50% off all food and drink for w/proof of employment in food & beverage industry. (*restrictions apply)
- Monday: $6 Beer & Burger
- Tuesday: $12 All You Can Eat Wings/$5 select 32oz pitchers – ALL DAY
- Wednesday: $5 10″ Cheese Pizza & $3 16oz Shocktop Drafts – ALL DAY
- Thursday: 39-cent Wings (6–9pm)
- Friday: $2 Make Your Own Tacos (6-11PM At the Sports Bar)
- Saturday: Ladies Night – 50% off food and drink from 8pm to 12am.
- Sunday: Industry Night 50% off all food and drink (some restrictions apply)
*Disclaimer: ALL DAILY SPECIALS ARE FOR EAT IN ONLY & CAN NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFERS*
**UPDATED** Nibblesworth —Situated in the former Blue Mermaid building, this eatery features a wood fire grill that chars up fresh takes on regional and ethnic cuisine in chill 1800s digs. In addition to a few weekly specials, check out their Happy Hour from Tuesday – Friday (4-6pm) as well as a very #nibbleworthy lunch special:
- Tuesday–Thursday Happy Hour (4–6pm): Buy one get one apps, $4 draft beers & $5 house wine
- Service Industry Wednesday – 50% Off Your Bill (Cannot combine with other discounts, current proof of employment required, discount only applicable to service worker)
Fun fact: their deck is dog friendly, and they even offer a K-9 menu for your favorite four-legged friend.
The Nice: These guys took over what was formerly the Red Door, and have been operating as The Nice since December 2017. They offer 1/2 off select cocktails from 4pm – 6pm Wednesday through Sunday.
Pink Bamboo — Thanks to a blog commenter for this tip! The Pink Bamboo is a popular spot for dine-in and take-out customers alike. Their special hot pot dining is something different on the Portsmouth food scene — sometimes called “Chinese Fondue” or “Steamboat.” And their veggie lo mein and scallion pancakes are all the buzz around the Vital office. Check out their weeknight special deals:
- Monday–Thursday Happy Hour (4–6pm): 30% off all apps and all drinks
**UPDATED**The Portsmouth Brewery – This Market Street brewery boasts some of the best brews and cheap eats around. On every night of the week, The Brewery welcomes patrons (beginning at 6pm) to indulge in many specialty meal deals in the one-and-only Jimmy La Panza Lounge. There’s also a pretty sweet Happy Hour from Monday-Friday from 4 – 6pm. So many great choices:
- $4 Portsmouth Brewery Beers (Happy Hour only)
- 1/2-Priced bar/snack menu (Happy Hour only)
- Sundays: BLT&E
- Mondays: Sweet Chili Braised Tofu
- Tuesday: Stout Brisket
- Wednesday: Chicken and Dumplings
- Thursday: Duck Chimichanga
- Late Night S.I.N.: Service industry workers get $4 PB drafts, 50% snack menu, and $5 wing plate from 9pm – close Sunday – Thursday.
- Weekend Late Night Specials (Friday and Saturday): 10pm-12:30am $0.50 cent wings, $4 Grilled Cheese Sandwich, $5 House BLT
Portsmouth Gas Light Co. — As one of the biggest eateries in Portsmouth, this Market Street establishment boasts a third floor club, an outside dMeck, a street level grill and basement pizza pub. In addition to some great Happy Hour specials available from 2:30–6pm (M–F) there’s also an amazing lunchtime deal involving all the pizza you can eat. Seriously!
- ½-priced draft pints, glasses of wine and select apps (Mon–Fri, 2:30–6pm)
- Mondays: 1/2 Off Everything Monday For Frequent Diners (A no-cost loyalty card).
- Margarita Mondays: Half off Margaritas for everyone!
- Tuesdays: Tini Tuesday’s 1/2 off martinis all day (Grill & Pub only)
- Wednesdays: Winedown Wednesdays 1/2 off all bottles of wine (Grill & Pub only)
- Wednesdays: Wings-Days 35-cent wings from 6pm to close (Pizza Pub only)
- Thursdays: Trivia 8pm (Pizza Pub Only)
The Press Room – A true local watering hole, this Daniel Street dining establishment/bar boasts live music every night, as well as Pint Night drink deals on Wednesday and Saturdays. This local favorite closed in early June for renovations, but is expected to open back up in the fall of 2017.
Redhook Brewery —Only a five minute ride from downtown, Redhook Brewery is appropriately located on Redhook Way in the Pease International Tradeport. This big ole’ brewery boasts not only a $5 brewery tour (w/ tastings), but it also has its very own restaurant inside — Cataqua Pub—featuring a delicious food and drink menu. Happy Hour is Monday-Friday from 3-6pm:
- $3 16oz beers
- Assorted food specials
Rí Rá – This Market Square restaurant/pub, which happens to be situated in a historic bank, features traditional Irish fare, as well as a massive list of beers. Its list of happy hour deals on Monday thru Friday from 4—7pm isn’t too shabby either:
- $5 Apps (M-F Happy Hour)
- $1 off select drafts (M-F Happy Hour)
- When it snows, the Guinness flows for only $2.50 a pint
Row 34 – This oyster joint at Portwalk Place boasts an incredible array of salad, sides, steak, and seafood dishes. Oh, and don’t forget the stuff you can eat from its ridiculously delicious raw bar. The Happy Hour menu, which is offered from 3-6pm on Monday-Friday, is a great companion to the #DollarOysters deal offered everyday until 5 p.m. It includes:
- $6 weekly rotating cocktails (ex. Singapore Sling)
- $4 cans of beer (ex. Pivo Pils by Firestone Walker, Otra Vez by Sierra Nevada, Original Blend by Down East Cider and Jibe by Green Flash)
**UPDATED** Rudi’s Portsmouth — As one of the few downtown restaurants with on-site parking, this High Street establishment (with an entrance on Congress Street) is a fan favorite for lunch, dinner and the occasional brunch. Its Happy Hour menu, which is offered from 4–6pm in the wine bar and lounge only.
- $6 Tito’s Vodka Cocktails & $6 App Menu*
- $6 red and white wine selections
- $4 Draft Beer
(*Appetizer menu includes: Fried Calamari, Bruschetta, Chicken Satay, Rudi’s Hand Cut Fries, Wild Mushroom Arancini, Fried Brie, Artichoke & Crab Dip)
**UPDATED** The Rusty Hammer – The “Hammer” as it is affectionately known boasts Wimpies galore, as well as plenty of other food and drink options. Oh, they also serve JELL-O shots. This popular eatery on the corner of State and Pleasant Street also offers up some pretty great drink and meal deals throughout the week.
- Monday–Friday: 25% off select appetizers/drink specials (3–6pm)
- Monday: 25% off for Service Industry
- Tuesday: $.25 wings and $1 off craft beer
- Wednesday: ½-priced wimpys all day and $1 off all NH draft beer after 6pm
- 1/2 off appetizers and beer/wing specials on game days
**UPDATED** Two-Fifty Market — Snuggled inside the Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel, this restaurant/bar is known for its laid back atmosphere, views of the Piscataqua River and deliciously fresh and local cuisine. It also has a pretty sweet happy hour menu depending on which day of the week you want to visit, running Monday – Friday from 4pm – 7pm.
- Monday: $6 Tito’s martinis and $6 mussels
- Tuesday: ½ priced shrimp tacos and $5 house margaritas (4-6pm)
- Wednesday: ½ off house wine by the glass & 1/2 apps and small plates
- Thursday: ½ off local signature cocktails, all entrees buy one get one ½ off
- Friday: $10 beer flights, ½ off poutine
Shalimar India — Since 1992, Shalimar has been the go-to destination for Seacoast’s resident and visitors seeking a taste of authentic Northern Indian cuisine. Dining in at the Hanover Street establishment is delightful, especially during the buffet. We’re talking Naan-Stop goodness! The takeout is terrific as well. Oh, and apparently there are some cool daily specials as well.
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday Luncheon Specials
- Friday Lunch Buffet 11:30-2:00pm. $10.95 per person, $4.95 for kids 10 and under.
- Stay Tuned
The Shanty Seafood & Grill — This Mirona Road restaurant/bar recently underwent a major expansion—adding seats and even more TVs to compliment the already stellar food menu, drink list and friendly wait staff. Every day of the week there’s a good food deal just waiting to be had, not to mention the daily Happy Hour specials and a fun Wheel of Fortune-like game offering “aggressive discounts.”
- Wednesday: 50-cent Wing Night 4pm – close
- Friday: All You Can Eat Fish & Chips for $12.99
- Buy any 2 large pizzas get a large cheese free 4pm – close take out only
- Happy Hour (M–F, 4–6pm): 1/2 priced appetizers, 1/2 priced all house & select liquor, 1/2 priced select bottled beers, 1/2 priced most draft beers. Wheel Spin every 15 minutes for HUGE deals for all patrons
- All Day/Everyday: $2.99 20oz Bud Light and $3.99 20oz Tuckerman’s
**UPDATED** Statey Bar and Grill) — Formerly the State Street Saloon, Statey Bar & Grill has as different special every night of the week, on top of an already awesome food menu. They also offer various food and drink specials on nights when the Sox, Pats, Celtics, or Bruins have a game. Check out their Facebook for more info.
- Monday: $6 burger night
- Tuesday: Ladies night, 1/2 off all drinks, shots, beer, and wine.
- Wednesday: Steak Night
- Thursday: Thirsty Thursday, $5 mixed drinks
STREET – This Islington Street eatery is just out of sight from the rest of the downtown, but it certainly isn’t out of the minds of locals and visitors. This nontraditional food establishment is almost always busy, especially during Sunday brunch (10am-3pm). It’s got some great lunch specials, not to mention the deals it offers others who work in the service industry
- Monday: ½ off any food/booze tab for any service industry worker
- $10 Lunch Deals – Falafel, Porchetta, Burger, Cemita, Fries and a fountain drink/ $2 off ALL salads (Weekdays 11:30am–2pm)
Thirsty Moose Tap House —This Congress Street restaurant & bar boasts so many beers on tap it’s not even funny. It’s also one of the only places in Portsmouth where you can eat lots of tots, yes we’re talking tater tots. Not only is there some sweet deals during Happy Hour (Monday-Friday from 3pm to 6pm) but there’s also some pretty solid daily specials as well.
- $1 off all beers , 50% off Beer Bites and 25% off Wings & Tenders (M–F, 3pm–6pm)
- Monday: $10 Burger % A Beer Night
- Tuesday: All Day Happy Hour $1 off draft beers, 50% off all Beer Bites & 25% off wings and tenders all day.
- Wednesday: $4 Margaritas, $3 Mexican Beers, $2 Tacos, $1 Chips & Salsa (Trivia upstairs at 8pm)
- Thursday: ½-priced Pizza all day long.
- Sunday: $2 Mimosas & $3 Bloody Mary’s from 10:30AM-3PM. ½ priced food and drinks (no shots) from 4pm–close for service industry employees with proof of employment or pay stub.
TJs Food and Spirits — This local favorite boasts a robust food menu recognized as one of the “best kept secrets” around town, not to mention a fun and festive bar atmosphere for Boston sports fans. Situated on the corner of Daniel and Penhallow streets, TJs is typically packed to the brim on pretty much any weekend night. The popular eatery recently announced a new Happy Hour menu Monday–Friday from 4–6pm. Cheers!
- ½-priced draft beer & wine
- $5 appetizers
- Thursday Nights: $3 draughts, $5 glasses of wine all night
Vida Cantina — This modern Mexican restaurant situated inside the old Friendly’s on Lafayette Road is still very friendly, and features a menu filled with traditional Mexican cuisine and festive beverages. Happy Hour is arguably every hour at Vida, but there are some rather good deals featured throughout the week, Monday–Thursday, from 4–6pm. and Friday 3-6pm.
- $2 off Draft Beers
- $2 off Wine by the glass
- Muchos Mas
**UPDATED** The Wilder — The Wilder is a no-rules New England gastropub. Located in the heart of Portsmouth (neighbors to us on Fleet Street), they bridge the old and the new. Happy hour runs from 3:30pm – 5:30pm and feature $5 beverage specials (espresso martini, mules, local craft beers), and their famous pig burger, beer, and a shot for $20.
Deals by the Day
Hungry and broke? Here’s a quick peek at deals that you can only get on select weekdays:
- Dos Amigos: $5 Burritos
- State Street: $5 Burgers
- Mojo’s: $6 Burger and a Bud/Bud Light; $2 Tavern Fries
- Rudi’s: ½-priced Wine (under $40) & $6 App Menu*
- STREET: ½ off any food/booze tab for service industry
- Rusty Hammer: 25% off for service industry
- The Shanty: $5 Burger
- Thirsty Moose: $1 Beer Samples/69-cent wings
- Brazo: $6 Caipirhinias and $5 Tapas del Dia
- Dos Amigos: $2 Tacos
- Jumpin’ Jays: Shuck-A-Buck – $1 oysters (seasonal)
- Mojo’s: $12 All You Can Eat Wings (6-9pm)
- Rudi’s: $5 Tito’s Vodka Cocktails & $6 App Menu*
- Rusty Hammer: $.50 wings (from 4–7pm)
- State Street: ½ priced drinks for ladies
- The Shanty: $5 Fish Sandwich
- Thirsy Moose: ALL DAY HAPPY HOUR $1 off all beers & 1/2 off all appetizers all day long.
- Brazo: Half off ALL Glasses of Wine and $5 Empanada del Dia
- Mojo’s: $5 10” Cheese Pizza (All Day)
- Press Room: $3 draughts: (6–9pm)
- Rudi’s: ½-priced Specialty Drinks & $6 App Menu*
- Rusty Hammer: $1 off all NH drafts
- The Shanty: 50-cent Wings
- Thirsty Moose: $4 Well Margaritas, $3 Mexican beers, $2 Tacos & $1 Chips and Salsa
- Brazo: $5 Draft Beers and $5 Taco del Dia
- Mojo’s: 39-cent Wings (6–9pm)
- Rudi’s: $6 American Martinis & $6 App Menu
- The Shanty: $5 Chicken Sandwich
- Thirsty Moose: ½-priced Pizza (all day long)
- Mojo’s: $15 All You Can Eat Fish & Chips (6–9pm)
- Rudi’s: $3 Draft Beer & $6 App Menu
- The Shanty: $9.99 All You Can Eat Fish & Chips
We hope you enjoyed this list of where to eat and drink on a budget in Portsmouth. There’s a good chance you may see some of us one of these days, hanging out at some these fine dining establishments throughout the week.
Disclaimer: All of the deals featured in this list were taken from the individual Facebook Pages and/or websites of each restaurant and bar. If your restaurant deals are not featured on this list then feel free to drop us a line with your info and we’ll gladly add it. If there is an error, we apologize and we’ll gladly make the necessary edits. Also, if you need help updating your social media pages and/or website to feature the correct deals, we can help you with that too. Believe it or not, we don’t just eat and drink around Portsmouth for a living. We’re also pretty good at this thing called Inbound Marketing, as well as website strategy.
Contact us today to talk—let’s do lunch, or breakfast, or dinner, or drinks.