Advantages and features of Open Cart Ecommerce:
- Easier to use and set up although limiting at the high end
- Free to download and develop with free software upgrades and support
- Lightweight, easy to download and easy to host.
- The easy-to-use control panel is intuitive, allowing for simple administration
- Information and tutorials are easily available on the web and the developer community is robust
- Offers a variety of payment gateways Web Payment Software, PayPal, SagePay, WorldPay Etc.
Some negatives of OpenCart include:
- SEO restraints
- Does not allow custom URL
- Pre-installed options are limited
- Templates are less customizable than in Magento
Magento is a professional online retailer’s ecommerce platform of choice. Where OpenCart falls short, Magento keeps going. Magento allows businesses to compete at the highest levels with highly customizable shopping experiences, unlimited design restraints, and powerful SEO resources.
Advantages and features of Magento Ecommerce:
- Virtually unlimited control over look and feel, user experience, content marketing and user interface
- The largest group of independent developers on the web which means unlimited and affordable plug-ins, applications and integrations
- Complete control over SEO settings like search friendly URL’s, content and tagging
- Enhanced customer experience with features like order history, recently reviewed products, product comparisons, wish lists, smart customer accounts, etc.
- Great technical support and a high profile and robust developer community to ask your questions.
- Additional enterprise reporting options product search, sales, inventory and low stock reports
- Supports multiple online stores from one administrative area
- Part of the X.commerce integrated ecommerce platform that combines eBay, PayPal, Magento, Milo, Where, RedLaser, and GSI Commerce.
- 3 custom solutions Magento Enterprise Edition, Magento Community Edition and the hosted solution Magento Go
- WordPress integration and blog integration allows Magento to fully integrate with your content marketing strategy and to sell inside the story
We hope this comparison of Magento vs. OpenCart was helpful. If you are still unsure feel free to consult with our experienced developer team at Vital Design. We have a large portfolio of ecommerce clients and would be happy to answer any of your questions.