Leading U.S. Manufacturer Experiences 114% Increase in Leads & 30% Increase in eCommerce Sales
Case Studies —
Texture Plus designs tools and manufactures polymer-based faux wall panels that mimic stone, wood, metal, and brick. They do all of their manufacturing in the U.S. at their headquarters in Lincolnton, North Carolina. They were one of the first companies to enter the faux panel space and have been leading the industry for over 30 years.
- Increase organic traffic to Texture Plus’ website in order to increase sales leads and revenue.
- Increase Texture Plus sales by reaching more global retail stores, design professionals, contractors and homeowners via a digital marketing strategy. Vital redesigned the Texture Plus site in 2014, and in 2017 Texture Plus asked Vital for help with their digital marketing program.
Two factors were driving Texture Plus to pursue a more consistent digital marketing strategy:
- New competitors entering the field
- Existing competitors increasing their investment in digital marketing tactics
As Texture Plus’ competition grew more intense, the need for it to stand out and capture both organic search engine and paid advertising real estate increased. At the same time, the increased competition resulted in paid advertising bids increasing, which made it critical to maintain Texture Plus’ cost per lead. Furthermore, it became paramount for Texture Plus to build an email list in order to gain ground against the encroaching organic search engine and paid advertising competition.
Vital’s multi-pronged digital marketing approach to achieving Texture Plus’ goals resulted in:
- Increased organic traffic 39% Year Over Year (YOY)
- Increased request quote leads by 114% YOY
- Increased content download leads by 1,200% YOY
- Grew email list annual subscribers by 1,100% YOY
- Decrease cost-per-lead (in PPC) by 28% YOY
- Increased eCommerce sales by 30% YOY
“Since we began partnering with Vital all of our most important KPIs are strongly trending up and to the right, including the most important one – sales.”, says Stefa Normantas, Marketing Director, Texture Plus.
Vital’s Solutions — Strategies & Tactics
- Foundational Assessment: The first step Vital took to help Texture Plus achieve its goals was to conduct a foundational assessment of its website to answer two questions: 1. How is it performing? 2. How can it be improved? The foundational assessment identified any marketing assets that were missing that needed to be addressed in order to execute a successful digital marketing campaign.
- User Experience: To provide visitors to Texture Plus’ site with a pleasing user experience, Vital implemented the following:
- Segmentation: To make it easier for both commercial and residential visitors to find what they were looking for, Vital broke Texture Plus’ content down into verticals for each group.
- Side Navigation: To mimic the shopping experience of eCommerce stores, Vital added a side navigation bar to Texture Plus’ site. It is faster and more efficient for visitors to scan.
- Product Pages: Vital ensures that Texture Plus’ product pages give visitors just the right amount of information to help them find the product they are looking for and convince them why they should buy it.
- Cart Abandonment Email Marketing: The Texture Plus site aims to generate both B2B leads as well as direct eCommerce sales. In order to generate more eCommerce sales, an abandoned cart email campaign was implemented. It captures the full value of all website visitors who add a product to their cart.
- Pay Per Click: Pay Per Click (PPC) entails advertisers paying for ads on a given platform, such as Google or Facebook, and then paying for the clicks they receive. When not done correctly, PPC can be a very costly endeavor. To ensure the highest ROI for Texture Plus’ ongoing PPC efforts, Vital carefully analyzes keywords relating to the company’s brand, products and content, then creates specific PPC campaigns using ones with the highest click-through rates in order to drive maximum customer search traffic to its website.
- Content Creation: To generate more indexed pages and opportunities for Texture Plus’ site to be found by search engines, and thereby increase leads, Vital writes content — blog posts, e-books and more — that engages its target audiences, conveys the value of its products to them and incorporates PPC keywords with the highest click-through rates. CTAs (Calls To Action, in the form of a button or link) are incorporated into content to convert visitors who are engaging with it into leads.
- Conversion Strategy: With multiple conversion goals (sample requests, quote requests, eCommerce sales, email subscriptions, etc.) Vital conducted a full analysis to determine the best path to conversion for many visitor types. The resulting strategy converts the right visitors at the right time.
- External Linking: Vital runs an external linking campaign on behalf of Texture Plus to help drive traffic and increase the PageRank of its site. Essentially external links to pages on Texture Plus’ website “tell” search engines that its content is good enough to share.
- Targeted Email Campaigns: Email, when used effectively, remains one of the most reliable and efficient ways for marketers to get their message across. Vital introduces Texture Plus’ new products and promotions via email in a manner that creates excitement and moves recipients to take a desired action.
The combined expertise of Vital’s internal teams — digital marketing, content, design, SEO and programming — has resulted in increased leads and site traffic for Texture Plus.
Texture Plus continues to engage Vital on a retainer basis to implement a digital content marketing strategy and PPC program on its behalf. Vital’s work is not done in a vacuum. Vital and Texture Plus team members regularly discuss objectives and strategy. This collaborative and transparent approach helps ensure that Texture Plus’ marketing goals are achieved.